The Professional Development program was created to help new associates learn all aspects of our business. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be placed in their permanent roles in various departments depending on the availability and fit of the candidate.
Sales & Marketing Position – PDP
For nearly 40 years, Creeden has been one of the leading sales & marketing firms in the Home Improvement Industry proudly representing some of the most powerful brands with the world’s largest retail, industrial & e-commerce customers. Creeden provides exceptional value in all sales & marketing activities to grow our manufacturer & retail partner’s business through field sales, trade show support, headquarter programs & relationship management.
Location: Bensenville, IL (Chicago area)
Job Title: Professional Development Program Associate
Professional Growth at Creeden
The Professional Development program was created to give new associates opportunities to engage with different teams by developing and learning all aspects of our business first. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be placed in their permanent roles in various departments depending on availability and fit of the candidate. The PDP is a great way to get an expedited learning of our industry, customers, and clients. Creeden offers aggressive career-minded college graduates an opportunity to contribute in ways that are difficult to find in larger organizations. Our culture is inclusive and fun, with ample opportunities for company outings, customer events and philanthropic events through our Creeden Cares division.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 18 Month Cross Functional Learning & Development Program with rotations in the following areas:
- Customer Support: Learning about our customers, manufacturers, and dealers/retailers.
- Account Management: Engaging in the day to day interworking’s of each account by shadowing Account Directors in corporate level planning meetings, assisting Account Manager’s projects, and creating sales material for our National Sales Force.
- eCommerce: Optimizing the marketing effectiveness for our online manufacturer’s presence.
- Field Sales: Developing sales skills in the field and understanding retail strategies around the country.
- Special Projects – in addition to the daily work in each role, each rotation will include special projects aimed at learning additional aspects of our business. The projects will be team and individual based, depending on the module.
- Trade Shows – During the PDP period, each associate will travel to one or more of our annual trade shows to support our manufacturers in the hardware or industrial space.
- Teamwork – Must be driven and have the ability and desire to work in a fun, fast-paced, team environment to help others and the organization achieve short and long-term goals.
- Communication – Effective written and verbal communication is imperative!
- Customer Focused – Must be customer centric; desiring to provide outstanding service to our internal and external customers.
- MS Office – must be proficient in MS office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work Ethic & Integrity – Creeden & Associates represents a culture of hard work and ethical business principles. We look for individuals with a high level of personal integrity.
- Business Acumen – As a professional sales organization, we expect our associates to project a high level of professionalism and business etiquette including a professional appearance and communication style.
- Ability to Travel – Some travel is expected to support trade shows, industry events and field resets as needed. Travel not to exceed 10%.
Education/Experience: bachelor’s degree is required.