The HR Generalist will provide day-to-day professional HR support and policy administration. The HR Generalist will serve as a trusted advisor to departmental leaders and carry out responsibilities in the following areas: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Employee Relations, Training and Development, Benefits, Wellness, Compensation, New Hire Orientation, Performance and Talent Management, Recruiting, Office Management and Philanthropy initiatives.
The HR Generalist will report to and work in tandem with the VP of Operations to support the overall objectives of the business.
Our company is looking for a talented HR professional seeking to grow and develop their HR skills.
It is our belief that an understanding of business and the people that support our business is the most critical perspective needed to be successful as a member of our team.
We are looking for you if you have a business mindset, analytic skills, systems capabilities, high EQ, problem solving capacities and view people in the highest regard and as the most important asset with the ability to lead and develop with humility.
There are four goals for Creeden’s HR team: Attract, Grow, Retain and Involve.
- Attract: Create a workplace that attracts the best talent for the business teams’ needs with people that exceed our core values.
- Grow: Develop employees to be the best at what they do so they can bring added value to our business and customers through continuous training, leadership development and through coaching individuals along their personal development track.
- Retain: Provide a strong compensation and benefits package that rewards employees for their work, retains top talent and performers and offers work-life balance.
- Involve: Engage the workplace of diverse talents, skills, and experiences with inclusive programs within and outside the workplace, to meet the needs of the employees and create an environment where all are known and trusted.
- Maintain employment files, both electronically and hardcopy.
- Process and file verifications of employment and other legal documents.
- Manage the HRIS
- Prepare and process employees through the employment cycle in the HRIS such as new hires, terminations, promotions, and other job changes.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Coordinate and maintain personnel records
- Maintain workers compensation in the HRIS
- Maintain state tax compliance in the HRIS.
- Maintain documentation of all Human Resources policies and procedures as required.
- Create HR reports and analysis
- Maintain and stay up to date on business contracts
- Assist in office facilities management
- Ensure all confidential information and data is always managed according to company standards.
- Develop recruiting programs.
- Attend job fairs and network with local colleges and businesses to source top talent.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring and onboarding of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Prepare New Hire Packets as needed. Process applications, schedule interviews, enter background checks, check references
- Complete I-9 and e-verify processes, maintain accurate hiring records
- Coordinate required employee meetings and training classes; ensure participants attend and complete classes in accordance with established training schedules. Follow up with Supervisors as needed.
- Develop employee training programs with the input from department leads
- Issue company property for hires, and retrieves property from terms: phones, badges, cards, laptops, keys, etc.
- Maintain new hire and the termination process, checklist and coordinate the process.
- Assist in the yearly benefits renewal review and selection process
- Maintain benefits in the HRIS systems.
- Respond to basic employee questions about working conditions, pay, benefits, and other employment issues while directing complex issues to the VP of HR.
- Develop and maintain overall HR project calendar and ensure that key employees are aware of projects and timelines.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information and managing project milestones and outcomes.
- Work closely with all departments and business units in both planning and implementing HR programs, processes, policies and procedures, as well as, advising and assisting leadership and team members with interpreting and applying company policies and procedures.
- Assist VP of HR in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Ability to establish effective relationships and build trust with internal employees and business partners.
- Trustworthy with confidential information and the ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Ability to Promote a positive environment and culture
- Excellent problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable interviewing candidates and checking references
- Proficient in MS Office Business Applications to include: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Collaborative team-player with exhibited ability to work independently and collaboratively with flexibility to move between projects in a fast-paced environment
- Use analytics to inform decisions and recommendations to the business.
- Collaborate across teams to improve the employee experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and directly engage all employees in a positive and effective manner to meet the professional standards of this role.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Night and Weekend support may be required from time to time.
Some travel for conference, training and trade shows may be required but limited.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources
- 0-3 years Human Resource experience. Some experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with ADP and Concur preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time